Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Veganmofo: unlikely pair

This is one of my current late night, no groceries and papers due in 6 hours meals.
PICT0170
Potatoes and sesame seeds!
Because protein is important, but not always present in my apartment.

Needs:
Cast iron skillet
Olive oil
Sesame Seeds
Potatoes
Garlic
cumin, mustardseed, sage, thyme, oregano, paprika, Cayenne, coriander, rosemary, pepper and anything else you find laying around.

Pre-heat oven to 400, dice potatoes and toss in oil, spices and seeds.
Throw your skillet into the oven with potatoes (I put extra oil over top, to be good and sure nothing sticks). cook for 20-30 minutes or until done.

Stir occasionally and enjoy!

PICT0171

Apologies for the bad photos, this was eaten late and our lighting is awful.

1 comment:

Maija Haavisto said...

I don't think potatoes and sesame seeds are an unlikely pair at all. It seems quite common to me. Perhaps a few drops of toasted sesame oil for even more sesame flavour?