Friday, October 17, 2008

Food Survey Fun!

This one is brought to you by the lovely Jess of get sconed!.

1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
Licormint from back home!

2. What vegan forms do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
I post on the ppk, username B.A.D.

3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
Tofu balls in spicy marinara over whole grain pasta.

4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
A day? Well I tend to only get a few hours a day with internet (sometimes none at all), but with veganmofo I tend to read 10 post/entires or so. Unless it's my day, then I can spent the whole day reading about vegangoodies


5. Besides your own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?

Kittee's review (cakemakertothestars) and Ash's post on this survey (lovelikeavegan)

6. If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?

One I haven't met? hmmm well I love everyone i've met, but for those I haven't I would love to chill with Katie (Don'teatoffthesidewalk) for some wings and buffy watching. And Jordan (hopestinks), because lets face it she is pretty awesome and a fellow Canadian (for now)

7. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
Tempeh! I have so many great tempeh recipes and its often too long before I bother to make them again. It's still good for you if you fry it right?

8. If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
Most people seem to have a fear or tofu, so I guess it would be a good weapon.

9. Name 3 meals you’d realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
Fried tofu sticks and fries, vegan lasagna with vcon caesar and baked tofu with veggies and wild rice.

10. What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
Soo many. Although I've been meaning to make kittee's gulten log.

And I have yet to make Katie's Pumpkin cinnamon rolls.

11. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
Yes... most of my wardrobe. Current fav, the Liberate Hoodie I bought from herbivore (not sure who did the design).

12. Have you made your pilgrimage to the ‘vegan mecca’ yet? (Portland, duh)
Yes. Once every year, since the gathering.

13. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
I was 12? and it stuck.

14. What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
Anyone who's ever tried to feed me salad. And the first time I cooked with tempeh, some kinda tomato taco idea... failed miserably.

15. What made you decide to blog?
Honest? So I'd have something to tell people when they asked about my food photographing. I love reading about food, and I figured maybe writing about it would be cool too. Plus, it gives me something to do with all my food photos besides post them on the ppk.

16. What are three of your favorite meals to make?
Well on the farm, whatever is easiest so a lot of pasta.

All time:

1) chickpea cutlets mustard gravy and lemon herb roasted potatoes with steamed greens.

2) BBQ collards, mashed potatoes, baked tofu

3) lasagna with vcon caesar and garlic bread

17. What dish would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
Stuffed squash!

18. Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
Hard one... lately vegan calzone and garlic knots from pizza Aroma althought I've only had it once.

19. What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
Chain? hmm... pizza hut? I have a thing for the crispy crusts

20. My kitchen needs a………

Vitamix! or kitchen aid mixer.

21. This vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen…..!
Olives. If they even are vegetables.

22. What’s for dinner tonight?
Something from house of Hong! (going out with Farm Staff)

23. What’s your favourite cookie cutter?
The farm animal cookie cutters Jacblades sent me!