Breakfast cereal is an easy solution but just doesn't cut it for a full morning of fuel and make ahead muffins or oatmeal seem great but I am pretty well a savoy breakfast fan 98% of the time. So what works best for me is the old stand by of fake bacon/ham and hasbrowns/roast potatoes which when you work in the morning or are busy rushing to school can be a bit hectic.
My solution although basic seems worth sharing and honestly makes a huge difference in my mornings. The night before or beginning of the week I wash and chop enough potatoes for either the next morning or the next couple of mornings. Dice some onion/garlic and toss the cubed potatoes, garlic/onion, assorted seasoning and oil into a bowl/tupperware container and shake them to coat. Place it in the fridge and have them ready when you get up simply preheat the oven to 400, toss them on a pan and jump in the shower.
For fake bacon or additional fillers I marinate the tofu over night and toss it on to bake part way through or simply pan fry it once the potatoes are nearly done.
How to unfuck breakfast for busy VeganMofos
The night before/Sunday Evening:
- Dice enough potatoes for your morning crew or for a couple of breakfasts
- optional: dice an onion and 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Toss the potatoes and garlic with a few dashes of olive oil and your favourite seasoning (Rosemary, oregano, paprika, cumin, coriander, pepper, salt, cajun spice mix, savory, thyme etc) optional as well sesame seeds for added nutrients
- place sealed bowl or tupper ware with potato mix into the fridge and shake to coat (bonus this allows you to use less oil when cooking)
- In the morning preheat oven to 400, add the potatoes to a pan and grab your shower. Awake to hashbrowns on a weekday .