Saturday, May 24, 2008

Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning japanese. I really think so...

That's right it's Oyaki day!!!! For those of you who don't know Oyaki is a traditional Japanese pastry or bun stuffed with a savory filling. I had planned to make three different Oyakis today but ran out of time and dough; so the Greens filling was canned and only the sweet potato miso and mock beef soboro.

Step one
Employ minions.













Step 2: Employ a potato peeling minion




Normally I wouldn't bother peeling the potatoes however for Oyakis the potatoes will be used to make the dough so the consistency is important and the nutritious peels have to saved for later or composted.









Potato peeling is rigorous business,





so make sure you have a suitable supervisor to keep the process in line.
















Fire Ball supervising the potato peeling process

I seem to have lost the rest of the photos and step for this process the search for the missing footage continues 2010

No comments: