Which is how the following recipe was born!
|Optional Try hard: Save your lemon slices for the food porn ;)|
- 2 Handfuls of spaghetti (I used the veggie blend pasta for added nutrients but any whole grain would work, or white)
- 3 cups veggie broth (or bullion powder)
- 1/2 small lemon slices
- 1/2 T mince garlic (from a jar for added laziness)
- 3 T Earth balance/vegan butter
- 1 bunch spinach loosely chopped (any other light green would work)
- 2 T dried oregano (fresh would be better but my plant died :( )
- Splash soy milk
- Salt/Pepper/Nooch to taste
Combine everything in a large pot on medium heat. Cook with cover on until noodles fall into the liquid, stir occasionally for ~10 mins or until your pasta is done. I cooked it for about 4 extra mins with the cover off for the liquid to reduce, basically you want the soy milk/vegan butter to help thicken the mixture and you can pull out your lemon slices as the flesh dissolves.
|boiling it should look like this and smell like heaven|
|As the pasta cooks you can see the liquid thicken and envelop the noodles|