Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Halifax Eats: Heartwood's new Bruch

Ok, so I've blogged about Heartwood a few times. But being the last remaining veggie place in Halifax (there is obviously Formosa's in Dartmouth), it's bound to happen.

Recently they've had a few ascetic make overs but best of all they have started serving Brunch! With an all new brunch menu from 10am-3pm on Saturdays and Sundays [Also they are now open Sundays!].

Over all exciting times.

I went with my Dad who was in town and my little brother Zane.

I did the classic tofu scramble platter: comes with fries and toast. Zane opted for the Wild Card Salad, brunch edition, which turned out to feature a tiny bit of everything they serve, so I was jealous. Dad went with the Kamut/Spelt Waffles topped with berry sauce and fruit salad.

Everything was super tasty and we lucked out with our fresh coffee and fresh mango/orange juice as the special of the day along with Banana Walnut Muffins.

As the platters were huge, I lucked out with leftovers so I have breakfast tomorrow too!

No comments: