Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What does a lazy Uni Vegan eat?



I'll tell you what they should eat, anything and everything from Joanna's lovely new Book Yellow Rose Recipes!


That is what I more or less did today.

Breakfast was boring cereal because I am lazy/sleepy.

But I just finished an amazing rendition of the glorious sauce I previously made during testing for this lovely book, and wow.

I thought my poor little vegan heart would break when I was out of tomatoes/sauce, but Joanna saved the day!

So I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but damn was this good. I chopped garlic, onions and tore myself some spinach and went to town!

I even shredded up some vegan moza, now let me be the first to tell you, I am a marinara kinda girl. I like my pasta coated in tomatoes and never much cared for the cream sauce.This sauce has changed my views, no more are the unstomachable cream sauces you stuck your nose up at as a child. This my friends, is damn tasty.

I added some paprika and spices, and black pepper so while the sauce isn't as pretty as she could be I was in heaven.

Oh and I did I mention the few, simple, readily available, if the world ended you could make this sauce throughout the famine?

Cheap, good, easy, and oh-so-yummy. Everyone can afford and needs to make this dish.




Basically Joanna rules, her book is great, I am full and happy, go out and buy it from Josh @ Herbivore. The End.

1 comment:

Cody said...

The pasta looks yummy. I've always been more of a cream sauce person, myself.

I think Yellow Rose has officially become a Valentine's or birthday demand.