Friday, December 21, 2007

Small person, Big lunch







The problem of Pasta:

You need to make a giant overflowing pile of this wholesome goodness, you need and your body and soul crave it. I could gush about pasta for years, but I won't. I made this the other day for lunch, in true slacking style jarred sauce kicked up with spices and chopped veggies. It was good, very, very good. And I made too much and couldn't eat most of it, but thats what you do with pasta.


Simple, filling, warming and good. General method (because I make this different every time):
Boil water with sea salt
Add a box of whole wheat noodles of choice (or flax or multi grain etc)
While pasta cooks chop:
1 Onion
3 Garlic cloves (or more if you have them, or less because I'm not your mother and you can do as you please)
2 bell peppers (preferably one green and one red, again see above and do as you please)
(Other veggies that work wonders: Celery, hot peppers, mushrooms (cook these with onions and garlic for maximum yummy, my cafe does carrots and it's not so bad)

Saute the onions and garlic until soft and translucent, grind in black pepper, toss some rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, paprika and lots of it, crushed red peppers etc.
Cook down, then add veggies and cook until desired done-ness, also looks and taste really good when the peppers are a little scorched. Add sauce to cover veggies, re-spice and heat through.

For my lunch I layer pasta, grated vegan moza onto the noodles, layered more noodles, more vegan moza. Then covered in sauce and used vegan parm to coat the top. Serve with a bottle of Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Chai. Enjoy









No comments: