Monday, September 3, 2007

Rez Life Day 1

Well I now live @ Dalhousie, in Rez which means no kitchen coz I am poor. I do have a fridge though! and unlimited food from the cafe.
They even have a vegan station, but so far it doesn't seem to amaze.
I think there were actually slices of cold, raw tofu there :shudders:.
They did have a nice chickpea, spinach tomatoe "casserole", i use the "" because it was called casserole but was more like a soup. Good and there all day.... year variete not much, there seems to be one hot vegan meal (and maybe a soup, it seemed empty today thought) and it's served all day...
There are also fries, plain white rice, plain brown rice, some Spanish rice (vegan ? didn't ask& did eat), cold rice salad, chopped veggies and fruit. Assorted cereals and soy milks/rice milks
But I am going to be missing my kitchen like crazy.. so if you want someone to make you vegan food in your kitchen and your in halifax, call me!
Here are some bad web cam photos of my room set up food wise.
My desk overwhelmed with some of my cookbook collection.











My closet, you can see my cooking "self", well kinda see it. Tupper wear, apron, oven mitt, chop sticks, cutting boards, spatulas, measuring cups, spoons, brushes etc












Again in the closet, you can see my giant fridge (4.3 cube feet!! with veggie crisper and freezer), on top of the fridge you can see my assortment (read small mountain) of dry/caned food and spices. Seriously this shit it wedged between my desk there is nooo room at all.
I also have a rice cooker but I am to lazy to try and take another pic with my laptop, cause it akward. I promise to unpack my camera and take some bad quality photos with well a camera.

No comments: